We make the best stories we can, and then give them away. No copyrights.
We want to make money selling books instead of downloads. The more our stories are downloaded and shared for free the better.
Brothers Whim Business Model
Reach as many readers as possible. The more people who read our stories for free the better, because some will want to buy hardcover versions.
We’re all about open content. We release everything under a Creative Commons Attibution-ShareAlike license. This means you’re free to copy, remix, and redistribute our stuff without any need for permissions or royalties. We only ask 2 favors in return:
- Mention our name.
- Share your derivative works with others, like we did with you.
What can you do with our books?
Anything you want. That’s what. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Print our books and sell them yourself. Get rich. Zero permissions or royalties required.
- Remix our stories into your own awesome versions. Sell your remixes and get rich. Send us a link, and we’ll help you share your work!
- Invent a new way for blind children to enjoy picture books and print our stories in 3D.
Open Educational Resources
OER are one of the awesome side effects of Creative Commons licensing. This revolutionary approach to licensing sets ideas free to be reused and repurposed for the benefit of the whole world. Watch these videos and catch the vision! Then help us spread the word about the awesomeness of OER!
primary roles: not illustrator
I’m a mechanical engineer chasing my dream to write children’s books. Just because it seems awesome.
- I love fatherhood. Few things are more gratifying than teaching my boys, and watching them grow to understand. I ached at being away so much for work, so I decided to change that.
- I love technology. Technology is reshaping our world by completely changing how content is distributed. I wanted to be a part of this exciting evolution that is now in the making.
- I love ideas. I think intellectual property is one of the most important issues of the day. I want to help set ideas free by promoting and proving open content models.
- I love Bitcoin. Bitcoin is an innovative payment network and new kind of money. It’s a digital cash platform that enables free, instantaneous, secure transactions anywhere in the world. Pretty freaking awesome. I had to get paid in bitcoins.
primary roles: illustrator
For whatever reason, I love jumping and drawing. If it’s dangerous, I want to jump it. If it’s cool, I want to draw it.
For as long as I can remember, my dream job has been to illustrate. My favorite movies were always the Disney Platinum DVDs with the special features. I’d re-watch those until I had them memorized. The classic greats like Fred Moore, Frank Thomas, and Ollie Johnston inspired me to hours of classroom doodles.
Unfortunately, I let life intimidate me away from my dream of becoming an illustrator. But now, after years of tinkering around with different classes and majors, I’m finally chasing my dream by making books while pursuing a degree in illustration.
I’d be happy doing this for the rest of my life!
primary roles: director, designer